Mining and Drones
FAST, SAFE AND ACCURATE
Anyone involved in mining knows that worker safety is of paramount importance. By allowing us to collect accurate spatial data from above, our drone or UAV technology can vastly reduce risk by minimising the time staff spend on site.
Drone-based data collection can also boost productivity; surveying projects that once took days or weeks using traditional surveying techniques are now possible in just a few hours. Plus, thanks to a drone’s ability to collect data from above, there is no downtime required while surveyors move around a pit, as can be the case when using terrestrial surveying instruments.
With fewer man hours required to produce large, accurate data sets, and no need for externally-sourced imagery, the result is vastly reduced costs. We work with your survey teams to provide exactly the data they're looking for in a timely manner.
The unmanned aerial platform provides unparalleled high resolution mapping capabilities. With the ability to generate high accuracy, cloud-free imagery and elevation data sets on demand, Apex Drone Imaging can provide your organization with premium spatial data products. These products can be easily integrated into GIS and CAD software for additional modeling and analysis. Drone mapping services are provided without the additional costs and processing times that traditional satellite or aircraft acquisitions require.
Drones can add value to...
- Resource calculation
- Geophysical & watershed/catchment area modelling
- Supporting photography (land usage, SEIA etc.)
Heritage & environmental management
- Erosion detection
- Vegetation change tracking
- Inundation tracking
- Surrounding community mapping
- Community relations/marketing
- Oblique imagery
- Feasibility studies
- Leach pad, dam wall & platform construction quality control
- Progress monitoring & reporting
- Pit & dump management
- Communication of daily/weekly mining plans
- Haul route surface optimisation
- Storm damage assessment & control
- Haul road, dump and pit design
- Surface stability monitoring
- Joint mapping
- Mapping of steep inaccessible inclines
- Stock pile management
- Grade control & exploration planning
- Drainage and water management
- Watershed, drainage basin & water flow mapping
- Tailings dam management
Check out this quick little video to get an idea of the 3D mapping
Click on one of the pictures below to see full size version!
Below are Elevation maps, 3D mapping and examples of volumetric measuring. These are just a few examples. Contact us for more details about what drones can do for you!
Contact us to see what we can do for you!